Web designers are the ones who create a website’s appearance. They focus on how it looks and feels, using programs such as Photoshop or Corel Draw for example to shape their designs into something beautiful that will attract users from around world!
There are different types of web designers as per their role:
- User Experience (UX) designer: UX is known as User Experience. Basically how a user feels and his/her demands getting fulfilled after using the software or automobile or any other gadget designed. In simple terms “is user able to use the product in an efficient manner, the way the developer has intended to use his artifact.”
- User interface (UI) designer: User Interface (UI) Design is the creation of graphics, illustrations, and use of photographic art work and typography to enhance the display and layout of a digital product within its various device views. Interface elements consist of input controls (buttons, drop-down menus, data fields), navigational components (search fields, slider, icons, tags), informational components (progress bars, notifications, message boxes).
- Visual designer: The Visual designer role is to aim for the completed product should look attractive. They are the mixture of User Interface and Graphic designer. Don’t get confused between a Graphic designer and Visual designer.
Based on their role, web developers can also be divided into three types:
- Back-end developer: Backend is server-side of the website. It stores and arranges data, and also makes sure everything on the client-side of the website works fine. It is the part of the website that you cannot see and interact with. It is the portion of software that does not come in direct contact with the users. The parts and characteristics developed by backend designers are indirectly accessed by users through a front-end application. Activities, like writing APIs, creating libraries, and working with system components without user interfaces or even systems of scientific programming, are also included in the backend.
- Full stack developer: Full stack web developers have the ability to design complete web application and websites. They work on the frontend, backend, database and debugging of web application or websites.